Hilarity Bites Comedy Club feat. Sully O’Sullivan & Matt Reed
Sully O'Sullivan has been declared a highlight of the New Zealand International Comedy Festival by The NZ Herald, a highlight of the Glasgow International Comedy Festival by The Scotsman, featured on Australian TV’s The Comedy Channel, hosted a sellout standup tour of Croatia, won Canada’s annual Improvaganza Tournament, and completed 2 UK national tours supporting cult Heavy Metal Comic Steve Hughes.
First stepping onto a standup stage in June 1998, Sully's talent gained instant recognition as he won his first national standup award less than 12 months later. 9 years on he’s featured in four seasons of New Zealand’s award winning TV standup showcase 'Pulp Comedy', been nominated for the NZ Comedy Industry's supreme award by the NZ Comedy Trust, and nominated by his fellow performers for the title of NZ's Best MC.
“Amazing” - NME
“A blast of hilarity” - Manchester Evening News
“A wicked sense of humour” - BBC
Born and bred in Sunderland, Matt's affable style has won him fans across the UK. He effortlessly plays with the crowd with a natural rapport that is found in few comics. Matt, always ready, never disappointing will always make a good gig - great.
In 2015 Matt took his debut show to the Edinburgh Fringe, retelling the four year ordeal of how he was stalked and cat-fished by an online admirer. The show won rave reviews from critics and audience alike, with Matt playing to sell-out audiences.
With so many gigs of every size under his belt, from audiences of 3000 to 30, there is pretty much no comedy situation Matt can't handle. As pleasant as he is wonderfully brutal, Matt is a welcome addition to any comedy night entertaining the crowd while skillfully destroying any heckler that crosses his path.
“Absolutely hilarious... had the crowd rolling around” - BBC
“Brilliant... always original one of the newest stars of comedy” - The Leeds Guide
“Brilliantly handled a very difficult room, this fashionably unkempt lad will go far” - Swansea Telegraph
Rules / Restrictions
We want everybody to be safe and enjoy this show as much as possible, so please follow the below instructions:
- In order to comply with the latest regulations, tickets are limited to only 11 groups of people, and are sold in groups of 2 and 4 only. Maximum venue capacity is 30 people. If you want tickets for a different size group then please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can arrange. People must sit in their own group, and people won’t be able to move seats to sit with other groups.
- Please do not arrive more than twenty minutes before showtime.
- Audience members must wear masks when moving around the venue (ie, entering the venue, whilst in the bar area, going to the toilet) but masks may be removed when sat at a seat in the auditorium.
- Please stick to, and maintain, social distancing at all times. There will be a one-way system through the bar and venue to help with this. Staff and signage will direct you to stay safe and clear of others.
- All guests must follow both local and government guidance which may include not mixing with anyone outside your household on a table if local lockdown rules are in place.
- Please do not attend if displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
Tickets for this show are £10 per person, and must be booked in the group size that you wish to sit in. Each show will last for one hour, with no interval.
Early show – 7:30pm-8:30pm – BUY TICKETS
Late show – 9pm-10pm – BUY TICKETS