- This show has passed.
*** Unfortunately, this show has been cancelled. Ticket refunds are available from original point of sale. ***
Hilarity Bites Comedy Club feat. Tez Ilyas & Josh Pugh
Host of Channel 4's The Tez O’Clock Show
BBC New Talent Hot List 2017
Chortle Best Breakthrough Act Nominee 2017
Tez Ilyas hit the ground running. In his first three years as a stand up, he found himself in no less than eight competition finals including the prestigious BBC New Comedy Award and Leicester Mercury New Comedian of the Year. In 2015, Tez achieved phenomenal success with his debut stand up hour TEZ Talks. A sell out run at the Soho Theatre and his own BBC Radio 4 series based on the show followed, with a second series released in 2018 and a third already commissioned.
In 2016, his highly anticipated follow up show, Made in Britain, went on to sell out every single performance (including extra shows) at the Edinburgh Fringe and gained spectacular critical acclaim, with a smash hit nationwide tour in 2017.
His third show, Teztify, once again delivered a spectacularly powerful, provocative and brilliantly funny hour of topical stand up, delivering to packed out audiences night after night, followed in 2018 by his second sell-out nationwide tour.
Tez is one of the stars of hit sitcom Man Like Mobeen (BBC Three) and has appeared on Live at the Apollo (BBC One), Mock the Week (BBC Two), The Last Leg (C4), Live From the BBC (BBC Two), Live from the Comedy Store (Comedy Central), Kevin Hart’s Live from Montreal (LOL Network), Virtually Famous (E4), The Now Show (BBC Radio 4) and made a brand new quiz show pilot for Vice.
“Tez Ilyas’s political stand-up is candyfloss with a razorblade inside: sweet and familiar at first, then shockingly, painfully sharp. It’s the kind of manoeuvre that takes serious talent to pull off” - ★★★★ - The Telegraph
“Ilyas has a slickness more reminiscent of US comics, and the gags to back it up, though his most prized asset could yet be his bold, subversive streak” - ★★★★ - The Guardian
“Radiantly entertaining” - ★★★★ - The Times
English Comedian of the Year 2016
Birmingham Comedy Festival Breaking Talent Award Winner 2015
Nottingham Comedy Festival New Act of the Year Award 2015
Midlands New Act of the Year 2014 (and 2015 somehow)
Hot off winning the Midland New Act of the Year in 2014 and 2015, Josh Pugh rapidly shot to the upper echelons of UK stand-up, winning English Comedian of the Year 2016, only two years after playing his first gig.
He also won the Funhouse Gong Show as well as the Best New Act prizes at both the 2015 Birmingham and Nottingham Comedy Festivals.
Josh’s clever, original, and (most importantly) very funny writing and performing continues to bring in plaudits, from Chortle to the Londonist to the London Evening Standard, and he undoubtedly has a blindingly bright future.
“Pleasingly off the beaten track” - The Londonist
“Excellent writing from a peculiar and offbeat mind... an almost certain future star” - Chortle
Rules / Restrictions
We want everybody to be safe and enjoy this show as much as possible, so please follow the below instructions:
- In order to comply with the latest regulations, tickets are limited to only 14 groups of people, and are sold in groups of 2 only. Maximum venue capacity is 28 people. If you want tickets for a different size group then please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can arrange.People must sit in their own group, and people won’t be able to move seats to sit with other groups.
- Please do not arrive more than twenty minutes before showtime.
- Audience members must wear masks when moving around the venue (ie, entering the venue, whilst in the bar area, going to the toilet) but masks may be removed when sat at a seat in the auditorium.
- Please stick to, and maintain, social distancing at all times. There will be a one-way system through the bar and venue to help with this. Staff and signage will direct you to stay safe and clear of others.
- All guests must follow both local and government guidance which may include not mixing with anyone outside your household on a table if local lockdown rules are in place.
- Please do not attend if displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
Tickets for this show are £10 per person, and must be booked in the group size that you wish to sit in. Each show will last for one hour, with no interval.
Early show – 7:30pm-8:30pm – SOLD OUT
Late show – 9pm-10pm – BUY TICKETS