- This show has passed.
*** Unfortunately, this show has been cancelled. Ticket refunds are available from original point of sale. ***
Hilarity Bites Comedy Club feat. Steve Day & Dave Twentyman
Steve Day describes himself as Britains only deaf comedian, and if there are any others then he hasn't heard. Actually there are a couple of others who have started since he wrote that joke, but it's only a joke after all.
For the past dozen years Steve has been performing to huge laughter around the country and abroad - well, they tell him the laughter was huge to humour him, he doesn't know either way.
Married with five children (a fact nothing to do with not being able to hear the word 'No') Steve has been described as 'warm and witty' by the Scotsman and has received many other rave reviews whilst performing shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Chortle gave him five stars in 2007 for Deafy's Island Discs, a show The Sunday Times called 'Funny and Moving'.
“Revelatory and very funny” - The Guardian
“Warm, funny, frank and thought-provoking” - The Scotsman
“Wonderful” - Bath Chronicle
Affable, quick-witted banter merchant, Dave Twentyman survived a childhood in St Helens by evolving rapid, startlingly-bright patter and a smile that he somehow stole from Barry Manilow. This is a man who could teach Teflon a trick-or-two but who remains vastly more fun than your average frying-pan. What higher praise can there be?
No matter what your mood, you really can't help but warm to Dave. He puts a big smile on everyone's face. His chatty, cheeky style endears him to the toughest of crowds. Dave talks a lot about the subjects closer to home, such as family life & friends. Its lighthearted, positive fun, you can't help relating to.
A regular performer at many of the best weekend clubs in the country, Dave has also performed at a number of music festivals over the years such as Leeds, V Festival, Download, etc
“Thoroughly impressed, best I've seen in ages. Great warmth and style” - Dave Spikey
“F**king Brilliant” - John Bishop
“Really like his stuff” - Jason Manford
Rules / Restrictions
We want everybody to be safe and enjoy this show as much as possible, so please follow the below instructions:
- In order to comply with the latest regulations, tickets are limited to only 14 groups of people, and are sold in groups of 2 only. Maximum venue capacity is 28 people. If you want tickets for a different size group then please email email@example.com and we’ll see what we can arrange.People must sit in their own group, and people won’t be able to move seats to sit with other groups.
- Please do not arrive more than twenty minutes before showtime.
- Audience members must wear masks when moving around the venue (ie, entering the venue, whilst in the bar area, going to the toilet) but masks may be removed when sat at a seat in the auditorium.
- Please stick to, and maintain, social distancing at all times. There will be a one-way system through the bar and venue to help with this. Staff and signage will direct you to stay safe and clear of others.
- All guests must follow both local and government guidance which may include not mixing with anyone outside your household on a table if local lockdown rules are in place.
- Please do not attend if displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
Tickets for this show are £10 per person, and must be booked in the group size that you wish to sit in. Each show will last for one hour, with no interval.
Early show – 7:30pm-8:30pm – SOLD OUT
Late show – 9pm-10pm – BUY TICKETS