Hilarity Bites Comedy Club feat. Martin Mor & Rob Mulholland
Martin comes from Northern Ireland, and after a successful career as a circus performer, he turned his attention on the unsuspecting comedy circuit. With over 25 years experience as a professional performer, Martin has established himself as one of the UK’s most popular and in-demand comedians. Combining startlingly original material with bold, energetic improvisation, his love of working the audience, and an inability to remember his script, mean that every show is a unique interactive live event, and no two shows are ever the same.
Very much the comedian’s comedian, Martin has been the support act of choice for; Frankie Boyle, Jack Dee, Lee Evans, Jasper Carrot, Patrick Kielty, Johnny Vegas, Steve Coogan, and once Tina Turner. However, in his own right has performed successfully at events of all description; from the Hammersmith Apollo to a show for the inmates of an Italian prison, from comedy clubs to performing before members of the British Royal Family.
With numerous appearances on radio and television, Martin has worked at all levels of the industry; being a warm up man, devising and performing his own television show, and writing jokes for some of the biggest names in British comedy - and his photograph is even featured on the popular board game Trivial Pursuits!
“Martin is the act that has influenced me the most, the UK comedy circuit would not be the same without him” - Frankie Boyle
“Extremely funny” - Peter Kay
“This guy's great” - George Best
“He wore us out with laughter... Irrepressible exuberance” - The Scotsman
One of the fastest rising comedians on the circuit, Rob Mulholland fell into comedy after finding a flyer looking for acts to appear at Harrogate Comedy Festival on the ground outside his front door. In the two years since, he has clocked up a huge amount of gigs all over the country ranging from tiny pubs to massive theatres (even performing to 2,000 bikers at an outdoor festival!), and can now be seen most weekends in some of the biggest comedy clubs in the country.
Just as at home as an act or compere, Rob mixes cheeky audience banter with his intricately woven, gag-packed stories; adding a touch of the absurd to his askance glance at everyday life. Rob is 17 feet tall, made of steel and can jump over a mini cooper from a standing start.
Rob won the Hilarity Bites New Act of the Year crown in 2015, and after finishing runner-up in the following year’s Great Yorkshire Fringe New Act of the Year competition has awarded himself the title of "Yorkshire’s Funniest Non-Musical Comedian". He was one half of the anarchic, late-night, yurt-based show #BlurredMinds at the 2015 Edinburgh festival and premiered his first solo show ‘Champion of Comedy’ at the Leicester Comedy Festival in 2016.
“Very, very tall and equally as talented” - Time Out
“Great delivery and a confident swagger... A riot” - Lancashire Evening Telegraph
“Perfect delivery... had the audience bursting into spontaneous applause” - York Press
Rules / Restrictions
We want everybody to be safe and enjoy this show as much as possible, so please follow the below instructions:
- In order to comply with the latest regulations, tickets are limited to only 11 groups of people, and are sold in groups of 2 and 4 only. Maximum venue capacity is 30 people. If you want tickets for a different size group then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll see what we can arrange. People must sit in their own group, and people won’t be able to move seats to sit with other groups.
- Please do not arrive more than twenty minutes before showtime.
- Audience members must wear masks when moving around the venue (ie, entering the venue, whilst in the bar area, going to the toilet) but masks may be removed when sat at a seat in the auditorium.
- Please stick to, and maintain, social distancing at all times. There will be a one-way system through the bar and venue to help with this. Staff and signage will direct you to stay safe and clear of others.
- All guests must follow both local and government guidance which may include not mixing with anyone outside your household on a table if local lockdown rules are in place.
- Please do not attend if displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
Tickets for this show are £10 per person, and must be booked in the group size that you wish to sit in. Each show will last for one hour, with no interval.
Early show – 7:30pm-8:30pm – BUY TICKETS
Late show – 9pm-10pm – BUY TICKETS